Thursday, October 4, 2012

Six

 My baby just turned six. Just one more thing I can't comprehend.  I think I'm going to have to get used to this whole 'my children are growing up and there's nothing I can do to stop it' thing.
 We had ourselves an intimate little family celebration this year, complete with a quaint, homemade horse shaped cake, that may or may not have had the rear legs eaten off by the dog, while I was shuttling children to school.  Is that sort of thing that really builds memories.
 All this girl wanted for her sixth b-day was a scooter and a pony.
L was thrilled with the scooter (for all of two minutes), then her brother took over.  Now I'll let you guess which child rides the scooter up and down the cul-de-sac daily.
When will I learn to buy gender neutral colors?
 The other part of her present was an official horseback riding lesson, with a friend (a girl's got to share these important life-changing moments with a bud).
They start giving lessons at, you guessed it, age six.  So she barely made the cut-off.
It was perfect.
 Eagerly anticipating getting her horse to groom and saddle up.


 Look at that confidence.  To say L was excited would be a gross understatement.  She even did Noble's hallmark arm flapping when they were bringing the horse out.

 She was definitely in her element.
During her first lesson, L learned how to make the horse start and stop, reverse, learn a barrel pattern and carry it out, and even trot.  She did amazing.



Happy six birthday to my gorgeous, brilliant, daring, adventurous, loving, sweet-hearted girl.  You fill our lives with all things wonderful; we love you London Elizabeth!

No comments: