Thursday, February 21, 2013

Abundance

Snow days are so much more fun when James is around.
Like a mini, family vacation.....in the mountains....without the packing or the driving (and much smaller hills).

Every time I start daydreaming about life in the country (which I find myself doing quite frequently and they usually consist of charming white farmhouses, acres of land to roam, horses, chickens, babbling brooks, and more horses), I need to stop and remind myself of the joy of a neighborhood full of laughing, squealing children, coming out to enjoy the snow together.
And sledding down hills with them.
And being there to catch them on video when they totally bite it.
And watching them help each other get snow out of their boots.
And drinking the water they so thoughtfully brought to share. ;)


That's what it's all about anyway.


No comments: