Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What's in a Name....

London is really into names right now. Her most recent name fixation is Ashlyn. She has informed us that she will be changing her name (to Ashlyn) on her 4th Birthday. And where did the name Ashlyn originate from? A friend from school's older sister, uh, random. And she has decided she will be in charge of naming all future children we may have (if they are girls). The conversation went something like this:
london "I want a little sister and I am going to name her Taylor."
me "Well, first of all, mommy and daddy will name any future siblings you may have, and second, Taylor is a wonderful name, but you have an Uncle named Taylor and he may not appreciate us naming your little sister after him."
london "Well, I will name my little girl Taylor"
long pause
"And Uncle Taylor should change his name to Jonathan."

Sorry Taylor, not only has your 3 yr. old niece assigned you a new name; she's called dibs on your old one.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ha! That is too funny. When I was about five or six, I became obsessed with the name Crystal. I begged my parents to let me change my name, but of course, they said no. The good news - I grew out of that! Though to this day, my mom still jokes that I should name a future daughter Crystal. Uh, no thanks, Mom... haha.

Stephanie said...

Also, one of my stepbrothers is named Jonathan... so that would be confusing as well ;)