Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Invincible Summer

While reading through one of my favorite magazine publications I came upon this article written by Shauna Niequist, and couldn't help but smile. Her musings on the joy of living like it's summer all year long,  made me immediately think of my daughter, who is quite appropratietly named Summer.  It's funny how a name can fit, so perfectly.  And how in describing life, Shauna so precisely described my joy filled adventurer of a daughter-who will be the death of me.  I wanted to share her words here, because this publication is not going to survive many more weeks on the ottoman in this house (giving it weeks is generous as it is).

"Summer is wide open, spontaneous, playful.  It's jumping in with your clothes on and being brave and silly.  Summer has within her a buoyancy, a warmth, a wild and whimsical heart........

I found that, there was within her, an invincible summer...... for no matter how hard the world pushes against her, within her, there's something stronger-something better, pushing right back.

Here's to something stronger within each of us, to bravery and beauty and play.  Here's to an invincible Summer."

With love to my invincible Summer Sophia.

No comments: