Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gearin' Up




London's first day of preschool is today (although I use the word first loosely, this will be her third year of preschool, one of the perks of having a September birthday). And I have never been happier about the whole 'school' thing. First of all she's back at Central Christian, and I have grown quite attached to the wonderful people there. It has been an amazing experience, and I am overjoyed that we were able to send London for another year. And there's also relief. Relief that she's not yet 'in school'. James and I considered sending her off to kindergarten (London is what you would call 'school ready') :) a year early since she misses the cutoff by twelve days. But we didn't. And I couldn't be happier. And I know there is not a big difference (three mornings versus five), but it feels different. I have one more year until the 'we are officially starting school for the next 13 years' begins. I'm preparing myself now.
So in the meantime, I'm just holding my baby close, thankful that we have one more year 'at home' and vowing to myself to cherish every moment (even the afternoons) I have with her.






No comments: