Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Throwing money away...


London has had a wonderful (and never-ending) birthday. She received more cards in the mail over the weekend. One of the sweet cards had some money in it, and like any child whose been alive long enough to realize the 'importance' of money, she was delighted. She insisted carrying it around, and I let her, with the intention of retrieving it from her once the excitement wore down. Well, of course I forgot all about it, and it wasn't until I was putting her in her car seat that it occurred to me she no longer had the bills in her vice-like grip. When I asked her what happened to her Birthday money, she answered (with a huge grin) "throw in trash mama". And sure enough, I found it in one of our bathroom trash cans. As if children aren't expensive enough as it is, ours is actually THROWING money away. But I suppose this was her money. But I am happy to report that the money was rescued and is safely (which means to high for London to reach) stored in her piggy bank. It is never too early to start saving....


I spoke to soon about the never-ending birthday, London received another (thanks Papa, Honey, and Gee Gee!) B-day card in the mail. We are going to have to call it her Birthmonth from now on!

No comments: